This Is Howie Dewitt.

Hello, Hi

My photo
I been droppin' science since the C was silent.

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Questions surround "The Answer"

The 2009-2010 season has turned into a complete trainwreck for Allen Iverson. Injuries and age seem to have eroded his skills to the point where he is a shell of his former greatness. Recently leaving the 76ers to be with his ailing daughter, other news contributing to the decision to call it a season and, possibly, career, has surfaced.

If this is how it's gonna go down for A.I., then sadness doesn't even begin to explain what I feel. This is pretty much the pre-eminent basketball idol of my teenage years. Each day, I feel disproportionately further from the peak of my love affair with Iverson: proudly wearing his jersey in the hostile environment of the Staples Center during Game 1 of the 2001 NBA Finals, where he dropped 48 on the home team for a stunning overtime win.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers